Moving is an incredibly exciting prospect. But all the packing and prep work that comes with it? Not so much.
That’s why, to make your life a little easier during the moving process, we’ve put together a handy list of all the packing supplies you’ll need for success. Stock up on all of these items before you start packing, and you’ll be all set up for a smooth, seamless move!
Here’s what you will need:
- Boxes of various sizes
- Small boxes for heavy items
- Large boxes for light items
- Plastic storage bins (only if you plan to reuse them later)
- A few different kinds of tape
- Shipping tape for sealing boxes
- Masking tape for labeling boxes (mark boxes on the side, not the top)
- Duct tape for reinforcing heavy boxes
- Box cutters
- Permanent markers for labeling
- Or, for extra security, you may wish to use color-coded labels, instead. (Writing out exactly what’s inside each box could inadvertently raise the chances of your items being stolen.)
- Protective filler or cushioning of your choice, such as:
- Bubble wrap
- Packing peanuts
- Crumpled newspaper
- Hand towels, pillow cases, and other small linens
- Socks, T-shirts, and other small clothing items
- Large blankets to drape over hard furniture, mirrors, and TVs
And there you have it! Any questions about packing tips or moving help? Don’t hesitate to call Chase Moving and Storage! We provide the full-service moving assistance you need for a successful relocation.