Planning a move under the current circumstances might feel a little daunting. Moving is already stressful as it is, but now you have to do it all while social-distancing at the same time? To call it a headache would be an understatement.
Thankfully, Chase Moving and Storage is here with professional moving services that will make the process much smoother and easier for you.
As an essential business, we’re happy to still be operating and serving customers in the Burlington area. And as part of our moving service, we’re abiding by all of Vermont’s state guidelines regarding social-distancing. However, we haven’t let that slow us down!
We’re drawing on our 100+ years in the business to come up with creative, innovative ways to deliver on our promise of customer convenience while upholding all of the necessary guidelines that are in place.
As such, we wanted to break down what that looks like on our end so you know what to expect from us during your move. At the same time, we’d also like to recommend some things you can do to help our efforts.
What we’re doing:
- Giving virtual quotes
- Making online or over-the-phone reservations
- Disinfecting every moving truck before and after use (paying extra-close attention to door handles, steering wheels, joysticks, seat belts, and dashboard controls)
- Loading and unloading all of your items for you, so you don’t have to come in contact with our crew
- Wearing masks and gloves
- Reducing on-site staff at our storage facilities
- Increasing sanitary measures at our storage facilities
What you can do:
- Stay at least six feet away while we load and unload your items
- Wear a mask at all times during the move
- If you’re in a high-risk group, isolate yourself completely in a separate space (which may require us to do all of your packing, as well)
- Wash your hands (or use hand sanitizer) frequently before, during, and after the move
- Prior to our arrival, disinfect high-touch surfaces of your house (e.g. doorknobs, light switches, faucet handles, etc.)
- If providing your own packing supplies, buy them brand-new (rather than asking for free, used boxes from the nearest grocery or liquor store).
If we all follow the state’s guidelines, use common sense, and take a few, small steps to protect others, your move should go off without a hitch.
We aren’t promising you that your move will be a “normal” one. What we are promising you is that you’ll have a professional, experienced team of movers guiding you every step of the way.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Chase Moving and Storage if you have any questions!