Are you getting ready to ship some items to your self-storage unit? Chase Moving & Storage is available to move your cargo and deliver it to the self-storage facility of your choosing. To ensure an efficient and satisfactory delivery, though, you’ll need to do a few things in advance. Keep reading to find out how to prepare for your delivery!
Preparing for Your Delivery
Here’s what you need to know about our self-storage delivery process and how to get ready for your shipment’s arrival:
- Make sure your storage unit has sufficient space to house all of your items. Your facility most likely provides a space calculator to help you choose the right size for your needs. If they do not, try using this calculator at www.affordablelockers.com. Check to see if Affordable Lockers has a location in your area before booking your self-storage unit.
- Supply your own moving pads if you have any items requiring extra protection. Moving pads supplied by our movers will not remain on the furniture once the items are placed inside your storage unit; however, your items may need to be stacked inside the storage unit in order for everything to fit. You can purchase moving pads from a local moving supply house.
- Make arrangements for yourself or an authorized representative (appointed by you) to receive your goods in person at the storage unit. Chase Moving & Storage cannot deliver your goods unless you or an appointed representative is present.
- If you cannot be there yourself, you must submit in writing to our office the name of your appointee and the best phone number to reach them prior to your shipment’s arrival.
Filing a Cargo Claim
Once your items have been placed into your self-storage unit, our cargo claim liability ceases. In other words, we are not liable for any damage sustained after this point. This is why you must carefully inspect every item as it’s unloaded, as we explain above.
If you plan on filing a claim, you should keep these things in mind:
- All items must remain in your storage unit until you file your claim.
- Chase Moving & Storage can only consider claims that are supported by your detailed documentation at the time of delivery.
- You must file your claim within the filing limitation. In most cases, this is a 9-month window from the delivery date.
- However, filing limitations may vary, so we advise you to speak with our office regarding your deadline sooner rather than later.
- Local and intrastate moves have a different filing period than interstate moves.
All of these procedures are in place to protect your belongings and ensure our delivery team treats them with the utmost care. This is what sets us apart from other moving companies in the Burlington area.
Any questions or concerns? Don’t hesitate to reach out! Chase Moving & Storage is here to help with every aspect of your local or long-distance move.