It’s no secret that moving is stressful. That’s why you hired Chase Moving and Storage—because we do all of the legwork for you!
However, even though we’ll be taking care of all the manual labor and logistics for you, moving day itself can still become its own bubble of chaos. There will inevitably be some last-minute details to take care of and items that get overlooked.
But don’t fret: Drawing on our decades of experience, we put together a list of ways in which you can streamline moving day and make it go as efficiently as possible. Take a look!
Ways to Prepare for Our Movers
- Before you schedule a moving date, keep in mind that you must be present at all times during packing, loading, and delivery.
- Prepare for our movers to arrive between 8am and 10am. (Someone from our office will call a day or two in advance to give you a more specific estimate.)
- If you need to request a later start time, please do so no later than 10 business days prior to your move-out date. We charge $150 per hour for late start times beyond 8am no matter what.
- In advance of our arrival, be sure to study the Booking Packet we sent to you. In this document, you will find special instructions for:
- Dresser drawers
- IKEA and other particle-board furniture
- Firearms and ammunition
- High-value items (valued at $1,500 or above)
- Perishable, flammable, or combustible items
- Important documents
- Exercise equipment
- Petroleum-fueled machinery
- Specialty items
- Mini-storage and self-storage
- You must uninstall any fixtures you want us to remove prior to our arrival. This includes wall-mounted entertainment systems, shelving, carpeting, plumbing and electrical fixtures, etc. We cannot remove any items that are still affixed to your interior.
- Disconnect and wipe dry all of your appliances prior to our arrival. Be sure to defrost your refrigerator and freezer at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please relocate any items being stored in a confined space, such as an attic or crawlspace, and replace them somewhere accessible. Our crew is not allowed to enter these spaces.
- Clear walkways of snow, ice, mud, and other safety hazards prior to our arrival.
- Once our movers arrive, carefully review your inventory sheets with your driver before work begins.
- To ensure no items are left behind, perform a final walk-through and inspection of your home prior to transportation of your belongings.